In our everyday life we come across many riddles which will twist our mind. Now a days many of these brain tasers and riddles are being asked in interviews for admission into premier institutes or for job interviews to check the presence of mind of the candidates. Here are some of the brain twisting brain teasers or riddles which are asked in various interviews. Some of these riddles a candidate has to answer quickly to show its presence of mind. However some of these puzzles test one's out of box thinking. Anyway these brain teasers are always fun to solve in your leisure time. Answer of these riddles are given at the end of this post
1. This is the question from Year 2001 Harvard's Science Research. Use of calculator is prohibited. One has to answer this puzzle question very quickly. Try to quickly answer this riddle and see if you can correctly answer it?
The question is
1 = 5
2 = 25
4 = 625
2. Here is another one where interviewer will hand over a written puzzle to the candidate and will tell him/her to explain it. This statement does not make any sense at the first look. One will require out of box thinking to give the correct answer to this riddle. Lets see if you can explain this paragraph :)
What is a word made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Although is written with 8 letters, and then with 4. Rarely consists of 6, and never is written with 5.
Try to devote some time to the above before checking the answer to this riddle.
3. Some of jobs requires proficiency in language and interviewer will ask few questions to check the understanding of language. This riddle one is to test your language skills. See if you can find this answer.
Its a 7 letter word
1. First 2 letter indicate boy.
2. First 3 letter indicate girls.
3. First 4 letter indicate boy.
4. Whole word indicate girl.
4. Many jobs requires Engineering and Mathematical knowledge and interviewer will ask questions for these jobs which tests the problem solving ability of the candidate. Here is one such question. See if you solve this riddle quickly?
While handling a project, the landscaper is asked by the owner of the mansion that he wants four trees in front of his mansion that are exactly equidistant from each other.
How will he do it?
5. This one again is to test the Mathematical ability of the candidate. Try to solve it quickly.
The difference between the squares of two consecutive positive whole numbers is 25. What are the two numbers?
6. In most of the Software Development companies, each employee should have logical reasoning. So there are many interviews in which candidates are asked about logical reasoning questions. Here is the one to test your logical reasoning.
The puzzle is if the shopkeeper can only place the weights in one side of the common balance. For example if shopkeeper has weights 1 and 3 then he can measure 1, 3 and 4 only. Now the question is how many minimum weights and names the weights you will need to measure all weights from 1 to 1000.
7. Here is another logical riddle which was asked to me in one of my job interview
You are given two rectangular wires. Both of them have property that when one light the fire from one end , it will take 60 minutes to get completely burn. However they do not burn at consistent speed (i.e it might be possible 1st 20% burn in 50 minutes and 80% can burn in 10 minutes).
So how could you measure 45 minutes ?
8. Next one is to test you presence of mind. I will not answer this question. Do post your comments to tell what you will answer in this interview?
A fresher was sitting in an interview. The interviewer said, "This is the last question of your interview. Tell me the accurate position of the center of this table where your resume is kept."
How can he answer this question? What will you have answered to such a question ?
Here below are the answers of these brain teaser riddles. I have hidden the answers so that one does not see the answer inadvertently. Do select the text between the numbers to watch the corresponding riddle solution.
1. Answer is =1
Have u forgotten 1=5
2. Little clue : Read paragraph as statement, not question.
4. He will have to form the shape of a tetrahedron. This means that, he will plan three trees on the vertices of an equilateral triangle and then plant one at the exact center which is raised from ground. In this way, all the trees will be equidistant from each other.
5. 12 and 13
6. This is simply the numbers 2^0,2^1,2^2 ... that is 1,2,4,8,16... So for making 1000 kg we need up to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 512
7. Burn both the wires together with one wire being burned from one end and another wire is being burned from both the ends. The second wire which is being burned from both the ends will completely burn in 30 mins. Once second wire is completely burn, light the another end of the first wire which will lead to get it completely burn in next 15 mins and thus in all measuring 45 mins.
Checkout more puzzles by clicking on the below image
|Fun With Puzzles Index Page|