From my childhood, I was very fascinated by detectives and their work. Even on TV till date my favorite serial has been of detectives investigating murder mysteries. It is very much fun for me to wear detective shoes and solve the murder mystery puzzles. Here I am giving you chance to be in detective's shoes and solve many of the murder mysteries.
Here many different murder mysteries are given which are investigated by famous detective Sherlock Holmes. He was successfully able to solve all of these murder mystery with logic and carefully doing examination of the clues. While solving these murder mystery puzzles, you have to wear Sherlock Holmes shoes and try to think like him. Lets see how many of these murder mysteries, you can solve without looking at the answers.Answers link to these Murder Mystery Puzzles is given at the end of this post. Do post your answers in the comment box of this post.
1. It was first day in the school when a student is found murdered. There were 4 suspected for this murder. Detective Sherlock Holmes calls each of the suspect separately and ask each of them what they were doing during the time of the murder. Below are the reply of each of them.
Math Teacher: I was in my room giving grades.
Sweeper: I was cleaning the room
Dean: I was in my room all the day.
Peon: I was collecting the mails.
If you were detective then to who you will instruct the police to arrest?
2. A man Tom is killed in his home and detective Sherlock Homes zeros on four suspects which were near to the victim during the time of the murder. Below are name and information of each of these suspects
James: Tom's best friend
Dereb: Tom's driver
Zalak: Tom's maid
Harry: Tom's Cook
A note is found near Tom's body and following is written on the note.
1st of December, 2nd of February, 3rd of March, 4th of June, 5th of October
Detective Sherlock Holmes, investigating this case studies this note carefully and immediately arrest one of the four suspects. If you were the detective, to whom will to arrest?
3. A Women murdered on Sunday morning at her home. There are Five suspects. Detective Sherlock Holmes calls each of the suspect in turn and ask what he/she was doing when this murder happened.
Below are the statements from each of the suspect
Husband: I was watching TV.
Butler : I was cleaning the closet.
Cook: I was preparing breakfast.
Maid: I was getting mails.
Gardener: I was picking vegetables.
Detective Sherlock Holmes immediately orders the police to arrest one of the suspect after listening the statements. If were at the place of Sherlock Holmes, to who will you arrest and why?
4. Dead Body of man lies on floor with blood oozing out of his head. The dead man has gun in his hand and tape recorder on the side of body. Detective Sherlock Holmes who is Investigator in this case, plays the tape and message is
"I am tired to my life and so decided myself to relieve myself from worldly pains and gun shot"
Detective Sherlock Holmes immediately declares that this is a Murder and no suicide. Why?
5. A couple went on for a climbing trip. But only the husband Tom returned from the vacation and said that his wife slipped off while climbing and died. On investigating this case detective Sherlock Holmes arrested him saying, 'Your travel agent called. You murdered your wife.'
The man did not inform anyone about the trip. Then how did the agent was so sure that it is a murder?
6. A lady is found dead in her room with the poison bottle lying beside her body. Initial investigation suggests that she has committed suicide as traces of poison were found in her blood. However detective Sherlock Holmes was called to investigate this case. On arriving the room Sherlock Holmes examined the room very carefully and his finds tickets of her air travel for the evening same day and her suitcase packed in her room. He immediately declares that this is a murder case. Why?
Checkout more puzzles by clicking on the below image
|Fun With Puzzles Index Page|